Friday, February 28, 2014

The Wall of Wool & Troy.















Last weekend I visited some friends in Melbourne. They were a very creative and positive few days and I came back full of ideas, colours and good energy. The beautiful hand spun wool is from the Handweavers and Spinners Guild of Victoria in North Carlton, where you can find a whole wall of it. All the wool is for sale and is spun by members of the Guild. The colours were vibrant and the textures surprising, with some skeins featuring feathers. Check out their website for contact details as well as opening hours and pay them a visit if you are in the area and want to learn more about these crafts or are looking for that special skein.

A beautiful mosaic table at the CERES community environment park cafe where I had a most delicious breakfast on a perfect sunny sunday. 

Back at home, I finished a small table runner. This was my first project using cotton, but as you can see I also used some wool to see the effect. The twill pattern I chose for this work is called Wall of Troy. I read somewhere that this pattern was ideal for when working with cotton and for making tea towels and the sort. I am very pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment