Monday, January 27, 2014

Begin.










It has been awhile since the last post. But it should not take long to bring things back up to date.

The last piece I wove was this lovely pink and burgundy shawl. I made it as a gift for the lady who so kindly lent me the loom I use. That was just before Christmas.

Fast forward a month and a bit and I am now on the other side of the world looking for inspiration. And you don´t need to go very far to find it. The flowering gum is in bloom and the blossoms are so vibrant. My trips to the op-shop have proved surprisingly fruitful and my collection of weaving books is also steadily growing.

I am now a proud member of the Hand Weavers and Spinners Guild of NSW. This means I have access to a library full of the most amazing books as well as looms. Tomorrow I will pick up a loom to bring home on loan so that I can keep working while in the new world.

A trip to the Blue Mountains to visit my friend and jeweler David Loong was lovely and I was so happy when David presented me with the most beautiful oak leaf buttons for my jacket. I love them.

And finally, the much awaited Little Dudes Book is finally available and for sale through the website. If you look closely you can see my little dude, Weavie, on the cover. WOW, now that is very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment