Monday, September 28, 2015

New Start.


As is the case, now and then, a long time passes before I can post. But as always, better late than never. The reason for the latest lack of posting was the fact that I have just moved from Meimão where I had been based for the last 4 years to Sargaçal near Lagos. It is a very welcome move for many reasons and I couldn´t be happier. The only problem is that moving is generally tiring and this really was a huge move with lots of very long trips in-between, a lot of furniture and boxes to pack and a whole studio and a new place to fix before we even got started. But I guess this is all normal and part of moving. Needless to say the studio is not yet set up, and because the space I´ll call studio for now is also much smaller, chaos is about the only way to describe the way it looks at the moment as well as the way it is progressing in terms of set up. I can´t wait to get it all back on track so I can start to weave again.

Before I moved I still managed to make a few scarves, the blue and grey one was a long overdue birthday gift. I also managed to help a dear friend of mine with the corn harvest. The loom was set up with another scarf, this time a pink, purple orange and yellow number and it remains set up and dismantled up against a wall.

But not all is bad if we can spare a few minutes to have a cup of tea in the new op shop found wedgewood cups. And all the better now because there are new fruits to collect: almonds, figs, pomegranates and the latest olives which mature super early down south, but maybe not so surprisingly considering the weather is so much warmer here. Autumn has already started and it is still perfectly good to go to the beach.

And because puppies are the cutest things on earth, I introduce you to Urze, the newest addition to the family. She is lovely.

And now I return to "a place for everything and everything in its place".

No comments:

Post a Comment